Triandiflou Institute’s Immediate Impacts
The Triandiflou Institute has already begun to make an impact in changing campus. Among its many activities, the institute has:
- Offered professional development in support of trauma-sensitive and restorative practice to the Bias Prevention and Response team to build positive, productive, collaborative relationships with students.
- Partnered with the El Hindi Center for Dialogue and Action to develop and offer intentional dialogue experiences focused on race and identity to key campus constituents.
- Launched the campus-wide, inaugural Oz Equity Challenge during which 268 Laker participants engaged with asynchronous online modules filled with educational resources and reflection prompts on such topics as social identity, empathy and implicit bias.
- Compiled a listing of holidays and remembrance days related to marginalized and/or diverse identities to create an “Inclusivity Playbook” and comprehensive strategic plan providing the community with educational materials, programming and transformative experiences for each.
- Hosted an open house of its Penfield Library facilities for the campus community.
- Led a panel discussion to explore the life experiences of Lakers of Latin or Hispanic descent.
- Organized a Flags of Meaning panel and discussion related to the Pride flag and the experience of LGBTQIA+ campus members.
Learn more at on the Institute’s webpage.
#Bias Prevention and Response#DEI#Flags of Meaning#Inclusivity Playbook#James A. Triandiflou ’88 Institute for Equity#LGBTQIA+#Oz Equity Challenge
You might also like
More from Campus Currents
SUNY Oswego Welcomes One of its Largest Incoming Classes
SUNY Oswego Welcomes One of its Largest Incoming Classes SUNY Oswego officially welcomed one of its biggest incoming classes ever – …
New Scholarship Honors Lake Admissions Director
New Scholarship Honors Late Admissions Director Dan Griffin ’92 M’00 could have easily skipped out on attending college. Living on a …
Three Lakers Join OAA Board of Directors
Three Lakers Join OAA Board of Directors The Oswego Alumni Association Board of Directors elected three new members, effective July 1, …
Leave a Reply