Tip for Tasty (Mashed) Taters
8 Russet Potatoes
1 Pint Heavy Cream
1 Stick Butter (Unsalted)
1. Peel potatoes and cut each one into 6ths. Place directly in large pot of cold water.
2. Put pot on to boil and cut butter into slices.
3. Place butter and heavy cream in a small pot and simmer until melted.
4. Gently boil potatoes until fork tender, do not over-boil.
5. Strain potatoes and return to hot pot.
6. Crush with whisk (if you have a food mill/ricer or hand mixer use that).
7. Season with salt and pepper, add small amounts of cream mixture until proper texture is achieved. Do not overmix! (It should maintain a peak when dolloped onto a plate.)
Shared by Lee Candela ’08, executive sous chef of North Hempstead Country Club in Port Washington, N.Y., during his virtual cooking session on preparing a Thanksgiving-inspired meal for the SUNY Oswego community.
Share a little of yourself with others. Become an ASK (Alumni Sharing
Knowledge) volunteer today.
More from Class Notes
Dedicated Alumna Receives Syracuse Law Honors Medal M. Catherine Richardson ’63 received the Syracuse Law Honors Medal, a prestigious award presented by …