Celebrity Connections — Can you connect these Oswego alumni with the celebrity they have worked with? Clues can be found in past issues of the OSWEGO Alumni Magazine! Find out more about LA-area Oswego alumni in Oz to LA: The Road from Campus to Cali.
Constance Schwartz ’90 Debra Messing
Andrew Miano ’95 Bear Grylls
Jon Kinnally ’87 Nicole Kidman
Heather Krug ’94 Hilary Duff
Joanna Shelmidine ’89 Michael Strahan
A. Steven Spielberg
B. J.J. Abrams
C. Quentin Tarantino
D. Danny Boyle
2. Which celebrity has theatre alumnus and costume designer Jef Billings ’71 not designed outfits for?
A. Kathy Bates
B. Reese Witherspoon
C. Michelle Kwan
3. Which profession does theatre alumna Therese McLaughlin ’84 work in?
A. Screen and voice actress
C. Personal assistant
D. Pet boarding
4. Which major book and film franchise does accounting alumnus Paul Condolora ’82 help promote?
A. Harry Potter
B. Lord of the Rings
C. The Hunger Games
1. Answer: C. Quentin Tarantino. Hellerman was a production manager on “Reservoir Dogs” (1992), “Pulp Fiction” (1994) and “From Dusk Until Dawn,” (1996), which he also co-produced. Hellerman was also a co-producer on “Jackie Brown” (1997), according to IMDb.com.
2. Answer: B. Reese Witherspoon. Billings, most known for his professional figure skating costume design, has designed dresses for celebrities such as Kathy Bates, Michelle Kwan and Cher.
3. Answer: A, B, C & D. Trick Question! McLaughlin said she pursues all of these interests in a 2012 interview with the Los Angeles Times. She described herself as “an advanced hobbyist” in a 2014 interview with Variety magazine.
4. Answer: A. Harry Potter. Condolora serves as senior vice president of Harry Potter Global Franchise Development and HP Digital with Warner Brothers Entertainment.
You might also like
More from Alumni News
Dedicated Alumna Receives Syracuse Law Honors Medal M. Catherine Richardson ’63 received the Syracuse Law Honors Medal, a prestigious award presented by …
Dolan Scholarship Supports Children of Police, Firefighters For Dan Dolan ’84, establishing a scholarship at SUNY Oswego enabled him to tie together …