2021 Alumni Award Winners Recognized
The Oswego Alumni Association recognized six SUNY Oswego alumni for their exceptional contributions and accomplishments with 2021 Alumni Awards.
“I have found that every Oswego alum has an inspiring story about their path after graduation,” said Jennifer Shropshire ’86, a member of the Oswego College Foundation Board of Directors and chair of the Alumni Awards Committee. “It is such a treat to have a glimpse of even a small percentage of alumni through their nomination packets. This makes it a prodigious challenge for the selection committee every year, and this year was no exception.
“Each of the award recipients stands out as an extraordinary person and professional,” she said. “A common thread is that the way they move about the world sparks something that is bigger than themselves.”
This year’s award winners were honored during virtual ceremonies that coincided with Virtual Reunion 2021 in June.
Honoring alumni who have demonstrated a lifetime of both professional and civic leadership, the Lifetime Award of Merit was presented to:
- David Hoose ’74 of Northampton, Mass., a highly respected criminal defense attorney at Sasson, Turnbull, Ryan & Hoose who specializes in capital crime cases;
- Robert Ike ‘94 M’99, a trusted and admired superintendent of the Palmyra- Macedon (N.Y.) Central School
- Kevin McMahon ’78, a successful international business leader who runs his own consulting practice, McMahon | Siegel Group.
Receiving the Community Service Award for outstanding achievement in service to others was:
- Deyadira “Betty” Diaz ’02 of New York, N.Y., director of programs and operations at ViacomCBS Veterans Network, mentor to youth and community advocate for veterans and many other populations.
The GOLD Award, presented to Graduates Of the Last Decade (GOLD) alumni who achieved career success and demonstrated significant volunteer service to their communities, was presented to:
- Sheneya Wilson ’15 M’16 of East Orange, N.J., founder and CEO of FOLA Financial, co-founder of Tax Essentials Learning program, serial entrepreneur and financial educator.
Recognizing significant contributions to advance the college and SUNY Oswego students, the Alumni Impact Award will be presented at a later date to:
- Doreen Mochrie ’85, a trailblazer for women on Wall Street, a philanthropist and a mentor to future finance leaders.
“We are excited to celebrate the amazing accomplishments and tide-turning contributions of these alumni,” said Laura Pavlus Kelly ’09, director of alumni engagement. “They embody what we hope our students today will bring to their future professions and lives beyond the shores of Lake Ontario. They represent the best of the Laker
You might also like
More from Campus Currents
Donors Raise $2.4 Million to Name the Deborah F. Stanley Arena and Convocation Hall Donors, led by the Oswego College Foundation …