Faculty Experts Featured Daily during Week-Long ‘Academic Minute’ Takeover
Six Oswego faculty experts shared their research on The Academic Minute when the college did a weeklong takeover of the service, a recurring feature on 70 public radio stations around the country and the Inside Higher Ed daily publication.
Their entries ran May 24 to 28 on the daily module, which features top researchers from colleges and universities around the world.
- Amy Bidwell of the health promotion and wellness department on coaching to support students in making healthy lifestyle changes
- Joshua Adams of the cinema and screen studies program and Damian Schofield, director of the human-computer interaction program, on their examination of the films and video games consumed by the public during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Michele Thornton of the health services administration program on her study of ethical and safe decision-making related to the connection between employment and private health benefits
- Jaclyn Schildkraut of the criminal justice department on her research about the impact of lockdown drills on the people who participate in them
- Ulises Mejias of the communication studies faculty on his ongoing exploration of what he calls “data colonialism,” or how technology and corporations commoditize people’s information
For more information, visit academicminute.org.
You might also like
More from Campus Currents
Donors Raise $2.4 Million to Name the Deborah F. Stanley Arena and Convocation Hall Donors, led by the Oswego College Foundation …